Friday, October 23, 2009

Bryce Canyon Half Marathon

I signed up for the Bryce Canyon Half Marathon in about January. I didn't spend time training for it and wasn't sure I was actually going to run it. A couple of weeks before the race I decided that I should run it because I had paid for it. Therefore I wasn't really prepared to run it. Mike and I needed to find a place to stay and most of the places still open were not very close to the race line. After looking for a while we ended up finding a place called the Grand Staircase Inn. The only room available had two king size beds but we were willing to pay for it so we could be a little closer. We didn't realize the city of Cannonville was so small. When we got there we found out that the end of the race was just a block away. I got up early the next morning and took a bus to the start line. Most of the race was downhill which made it easier to run even though I was not really prepared. To my surprise I did better than I thought I was going to do. I could have done better but with five miles left I had to stop and go to the bathroom. That slowed me down and made it harder get going again. Mike woke up half an hour before the race, got ready and walked over to see me finish. He almost missed me but got there in just the time. After the race and taking a nap we decided to go into the park of Bryce Canyon and see all the really cool rock formations.

1 comment:

erin said...

Yeah for all of the updates, can't wait to hear about your most exciting trip to Sacramento!!! :)
How many different temples have you and Mike been to now?