Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Brooklyn is such a good baby!

Brooklyn has been home for over a week now and has been a great blessing in our lives. She is one of the world's best babies. She never cries and has only done a few times when we changed her. She did cry pretty hard when we gave her her first sponge bath and once when in the car. Other than that she doesn't cry. Not even to let me know she is hungry or needs her diaper changed. Most of the time she would even sleep through the night if not woken to be fed. These early days she needs to be woken, to give her nourishment and to make sure my milk is coming in properly. This has been kind of hard for me because she is such a sound sleeper. Sometimes I get her woken up but she falls back asleep just as we start the feeding. I was worried yesterday because I just couldn't get her to wake up. I tried lots of tactics and she just would not give in. Finally around 3 pm just as we arrived at Grandma Gardner's she decided she had been asleep long enough. She has done really well since then and has woken up long enough for me to feed her and has stayed awake for a little while. She is the most beautiful baby and we are so blessed to have her.

No comments: