Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Brooklyn's Baby Room

A couple months ago I had been wondering what I was going to do to decorate the baby's bedroom. Mom suggested that we make the bedroom set and she would be willing to make the baby quilt for the bedroom. We decided to make a patchwork quilt and Mom and I went shopping for fabric. We found some precut fabric squares bundled together that we really liked in Springville. We found some more of the same fabric at a store just around the corner from my house at the Fabric Mill. Not long after, I started getting anxious and wanted to get to the sewing. Mom didn't have a lot of time and then went out of town to Ireland for ten days. My impatience got the best of me and I started sewing. I ended up making the diaper stacker, the valance, the crib skirt and the bumper pads. I was on a roll and had the sewing fever. I don't think it has gone away. I decided that I liked the choices of fabrics at the Fabric Mill so I went out and bought some more to make receiving blankets and burp pads. I had a lady do the hemp stitching so it would be easier to crochet around them. Mom said she would be willing to crochet around a set of them and I took the task of doing a blanket stitch around the rest of them. It took a while but I finally finished. I have been working on putting the nursery together. Mike and I were able to get a crib, changing table, and dresser, with the help of our parents. Thank you so much! I painted some block letters and attached ribbon to them to put Brooklyn's name on the wall, thanks to Erin for the idea, and also spray painted a frame that I had. Here are some of the pictures I took of the almost final product.


No comments: