Thursday, September 23, 2010

Brooklyn's Due Date

The due date for Brooklyn is just two days away. I have been anticipating this day for a long 9 months. Sometimes I can't believe it has gone so fast and yet not fast enough. I recently went in for my weekly doctors visit and I am still dilated to 2 cm. The doctor says she is probably between 7 and 8 lbs. Not much progress in the last couple of weeks but I am still holding out. Mike and I are pretty anxious for her to come. The doctor has informed me that about 80% of first mothers and 50% of all births actually come after the due date. I am learning to be patient and accept the fact that she probably won't come until next week. This is good in the fact that Mike has two tests this weekend and one on Monday. He will be able to finish his tests and not have to worry about them while I am going into labor and afterward. Maybe that is why she is holding out. I am trying to keep myself busy reading books and finding things to do around the house. Hopefully she will come in time for Mom to have at least one week to help me before she goes to Washington for Grady's blessing (Derek and Jill's newest arrival). I am happy that she will have a cousin her age. It will be so much fun when the family gets together for reunions and the like. My next post will probably be pictures of our newest arrival. We already love her so much. The picture I have included isn't the greatest but it is the best we have to show how big I have gotten.

No comments: